How do I get in on the fun? Read the requirements here.
Are there any dues? Nope
Where is super chill surf club? Our homebase lifeguard stand is in Manhattan Beach in Los Angeles. But our membership knows no bounds; anyone, anywhere can join.
Do you have instructors? Yes.
Sometimes we host an instructor-based meetup and sometimes we just bring our boards and hang out on the sand- these are our BYOB events (bring your own board) and we can also help you find a rental.
Instructor-based meetups cost about $60-$80/person for board, wetsuit, and about 1.5 hours of instruction. Cost may go up or down based on the # of people in the group.
Our instructors are badass surfer babes and dudes who teach safety and skills to surfers with a diverse background of experience.
What if I’ve never surfed before? Perfect!
Then you’re our ideal club member. We don’t judge by ability here. If you want to learn how to surf with a cool group of people, come to one of our instructor-based meetups. If you just want to hang with a neat group of people, come anytime and chill on the sand.
What can I expect at a surf sesh?
- Meetup details are finalized about 5 days before the event.
- You will get an email with details regarding location, time, payment, etc about 3 days before the event.
- We meet on the sand at an agreed upon location.
- If it’s an instructor based meet-up, the boards and wetsuits will be waiting for you on the sand. Wear a bathing suit!
- We’ll always have water and snacks and are happy to take requests!
- Surf instruction is usually around 30 mins on the sand before we jump in the water.
- We surf for about 60-90 minutes...or until we’re too pooped to continue.
- We peel off the wetsuits, reapply sunscreen, then relax on our blankets and bask in the glory and sunshine of another surf sesh completed.
Is the club for girls, boys, cats, dogs.. etc?
We adopted a girl power approach because the surfing industry has historically been dominated by males with a competitive mentality -- not super chill. But Spice Girl vibes aside, our members are boys, girls, and everyone in between. We’re leaving our egos by the parking meter and truly embracing an inclusive attitude toward membership. This means we welcome all genders of all shapes and sizes to join the club.
Rebekah and Nora are dog people though. Sorry.